Re: Is it possible for me to speak with someone's else voice?

Oh. And I was about to recommend Morphvox for low-quality voice-changing.

Anyway, here's an E-mail I recently received that might help:

The next generation of Lyrebird’s voice cloning software has arrived.

Dear Lyrebird customer,

We’re pleased to share that Overdub — a new and dramatically improved version of Lyrebird’s Vocal Avatar technology — is now available. Listen to this demo to hear for yourself how much voice quality has improved!

As you may know, Lyrebird was acquired by Descript in 2019. Overdub is integrated into Descript, an audio editor that lets you generate and edit audio by typing. Learn more about Descript, and try Overdub for free by downloading the app.

Lyrebird users will no longer be able to access their Vocal Avatar voice. A future version of Overdub may allow voice creation from audio recorded on the former Lyrebird website, but for now, if you wish to create an Overdub voice, you’ll need to record new audio in Descript.

If you recorded audio on the former Lyrebird website and wish to have it deleted permanently, please let us know through this form.

What this means for you:
Although Vocal Avatar is no more, Lyrebird users can now access Overdub, Descript’s text-to-speech functionality, which is even more powerful than Vocal Avatar
To create an Overdub Voice, users will need to download Descript, create an account, and click “Overdub Voices” in the left sidebar of the Descript Project window
Users will need to record themselves speaking, using a script provided by Descript, to train their Overdub Voice
Safety and security is our top priority, and Descript users may only create Overdub Voices using their own voice
Thank you for using Lyrebird, and we’d love to see you over at Descript!

So as you can read, they have declared a policy against using their service to impersonate someone else. Jokes on them. I want to impersonate myself! Now if only I had enough recordings with the quality necessary to pull this off...

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nsoft15 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nsoft15 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nsoft15 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Gamulation via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nsoft15 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Deathstar via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nsoft15 via Audiogames-reflector