Re: Audo, endless racing game

@17

I've been thinking about this more. I definitely want to add an additional cue to help center the player on the track. I have a few ideas. One of them is a cue that divides the track into thirds to help establish the sweet spot in the center. Staying in that middle third means you're getting at least 98% acceleration, and is wide enough that if not totally centered you'd have enough reaction time to grab the power-up. (But just to be clear, the opponents don't care and drive how they please!)

@22

I love the idea of a shooter in this style. I'm pretty full right now, but I'll browse the games list for inspiration and start a design document for a rainy day. Maybe I'll reconsider my concept for No Video Jam?

@23

The saves are stored in %AppData%/Audo on Windows. It's stored as a binary file in the Local Storage subdirectory. I've never tried editing that file directly, but I know you can safely clear your save by deleting the entire directory. It will get created when you next launch the game.

Here's how the current scoring algorithm works:

Every second your score increases by your acceleration times the natural logarithm of how long (in seconds) you've been playing. It's a slow increase with diminishing returns: after completing the first lap it's 3 per second, and by lap 100 it's 8 per second. Your acceleration is a number between 0 and 1 which is based on where on the track you are, with 1 being the center and 0 being the guard rails. So if you hug the sides it stops increasing.

Every time a speed boost is collected, your entire score is multiplied by 1.5. If you can grab one every lap, then your score increases exponentially at that rate. Combining that with good positioning gives you the really big scores.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : shiftBacktick via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : DJEPIC via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : shiftBacktick via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : shiftBacktick via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : shiftBacktick via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pitermach via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pitermach via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : shiftBacktick via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Appleman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : burak via Audiogames-reflector