Re: Accessible Retro games: a central list of enjoyable video games

So last night I tried fight night round 3 and didn't like it, primarily because I would rather not have to rely on the commentator to tell whats going on as its just quicker to have flashy sounds and distinguishable voices. Like commentary in the virtual fighter games is fine because the sounds are sharp and clear, and everyone sounds like someone and not just some generic grunting bag of meat and bones. An example of a realistic fighting game with sounds done right is ultimate fighting championship on the sega dreamcast.

Right now I am revisiting an old game that got terrible reviews but has excellent sound design and stereo combat, which is legend of the dragon on psp. None of the characters say anything outloud, but they still have their own voices. Lastly, i can finally read the story text on my own unlike back in the day when I had to ask my brother to do it. Maybe consider checking it out if curious. It's completely playable, but based on a Saturday morning cartoon so bare that in mind before diving in.