Re: Max Audio Pro issue (surprise)

Ok, detailed info on how to switch the driver properly without Windows asking you to update it follows: My guess is that you selected the wrong category so are seeing the Intel audio thing. Press In the start menu, search for device manager and open it. Here, don't  expand the first category which is audio inputs and outputs, but instead continue scrolling until you reach Sound, video and game controllers. If you expand this, you should see Realtek Audio. Press enter to open it's properties. Switch to the drivers tab, and tab until you reach Update driver. Now, choose Browse my computer for drivers. Once that opens, choose Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer. Once the list opens, you should see High Definition Audio Device. Select it and press next, then follow the prompts. It should ask for a restart and then you should be using the high definition audio driver without it automatically updating back. If you ever want to switch back, the instructions are the same, except of course you don't choose the high definition driver but the realtek audio one.