How do you beat Defending the River in TB without losing anyone?

Hi,
I know Tactical Battle is an old game that isn't being worked on any more, but I've been dabbling in it again recently. A lot of maps I find fun and I like messing around with my own creations.
One map I've never been able to work out is the Defending the River map in the Getting Started pack. Like, seriously, what do. I have five people on my side. I need to kill twelve enemies. You can't regenerate mana so you have to be careful how you use it. All the enemies have 20 health and so do you. There are three ranged enemies who just pick your people off from a distance like the horrible fiends they are. And there are two fords you're supposed to defend, but spreading your team out like that screws you over. I have never been able to work this map out and right now, my inability to beat something with these limitations on it is frustrating me.
Surely someone has beaten this map before. I tried searching for it, but the forum doesn't seem to have anyone asking about this map anywhere. Is the solution so easy that I should be able to see it?