Any accessible software for converting videos?

Hi, i wanted to convert multiple .mkv videos from 1080p to 720p to save some space on my harddrive.
I need something that can convert one folder with lots of video files at once and then delete original source videos
I wanted to do it with freemake, but it is not perfectly acessible, and i need to open every video separatelly, and often it is stuck at50 percents and i must close it with task manager, evenafter 3 hours of waitting.
Does anybody know the accessible software and instructions how to do it?
Regards.