Re: Consider this an official I don't give a damn

Now this brings up an interesting question. I'm not a lawyer, so if you need legal advice, you should consider finding one.
Isn't the Blind Mice Mart supposed to be registered as an entity authorised to distribute materials exclusively for blind members only? I believe there is a code, 17 USC. 121.
Bookshare, BARD, and Learning Ally all have a screening process for verifying your eligibility before you can use any of their services. Blind Mice Mart and AudioVault don't have that kind of screening, but I think they should, if only to comply with the law.
Now, I realise that it won't stop others from getting their hands on what people want, but at least it wouldn't be considered piracy.