NVDA won't focus on latest Skype for desktop in Windows 19.

Hey all.

So last night, Skype updated itself, I think to 8.63.076. Here's the issue I'm having. When Skype opens, and it's started coming up as an open window on boot which is annoying, it works just fine. I hit NVDA space to get out of focus mode and then I can arrow to buttons and all that good stuff.

However, if I close or minimize Skype, when I open it again, NVDA doesn't read anything. Apparently it is doing something, because my wife says that I move through things when I hit tab. But NVDA doesn't react to it at all, as though it's not really in the Skype window. If I quit Skype and restart, same thing, it works at first but if I close or minimize, right back to not working. I think it even does it if I leave the window up and switch to another window, and then back to Skype.

Right now I solved it by going back to an earlier version, 8.61.0.87. But there doesn't seem to be a way to turn off automatic updates, and it's going to get really tedious to keep uninstalling it and reinstalling the old version whenever it updates. So I thought I'd post here and see if anybody knows what's going on or knows of a fix or something.