Re: The OCR for NVDA is amazing.

@Jayde, I don't care if it turns into a JAWS VS NVDA thread and as it's my thread it shouldn't matter to you or others if it does, I understand you're a modirator and that you probably have to skim through threads but if we want to talk about JAWS vs NVDA, we can.

I've been a JAWS user for around 11 years or so, and can tell you; NVDA does everything I need it to do and now NVDA is on the microsoft store with limitations, those who want to use it in a job setting can probably do so.

Jaws was great for its time but it's dying out and soon I think it will only be big companies buying their stuff as every day users will either have a demo, if they need it, or just switch to NVDA perminently.

Oh and if JAWS has a feature people like, like the OCR scanning for PDFs, that will probably soon come to NVDA either in the form of an addon or a feature within the software.

The only thing I can say that jaws has going for it is the Customizability.

I tried JAWS yesterday and let me tell you; I didn't know how much I took for granted the ability to turn NVDA down on the fly, with JAWS you can't do that as far as I know; you probably have to go into a setting somewhere to turn it down. As I've said before; JAWS is loud and the ability to just press a couple keystrokes to turn NVDA down is a true blessing.