Re: pissed off about accessibility guides

Is everyone really assuming they know everything about PTSD, or do you have a why me complex and a maladaption to your condition. I'd bet the latter.

Look I'm working with a guy who literally studied the neurology of PTSD victims for his research work, who also suffers from severe PTSD.

Here's an abstract he shared that explains why Trigger Warnings don't work: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30664770/

It's because that's literally not how the brain works. Do you get it now?

You can't take one disability and use the way in which you deal with it as a template for how you should deal with all disabilities.

Then why is everyone in this thread doing it? Seriously every single one of you have compared PTSD to blindness.

The OP isn't about me saying all disabilities are the same, its me saying that the accessibility standards that organizations are using to promote accessibility in gaming are promoting both misconceptions about disability, and promoting design practices that harm disabled players.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector