Re: pissed off about accessibility guides

Yess thats a way to think about it.

I'm experimenting with a model of it in my current tech demo. My demo will be a bit incomplete but I'm using it in these HUDs that let you modify them with INI files. Unfortunately because I'm trying to push this out so fast and also working against my own crap its only editing the text files for now.

It has the added bonus of also making translations a lot easier to do. Which I actually think is a really important accessibility concern people should talk about more lol.

Something very interesting about disability and language is that people who don't speak a language natively and people with language difficulties often have many of the same experiences and even the former is treated as the latter, showing how a lot of this is socially built. But my game has a lot to do with spelling words, so it will be hard to balance it in foreign languages, but we'll see. I actually think just experimenting, trying to model these things and seeing how people interact with it in general is a good approach, better than building design patterns.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
[...]
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Berenion via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector