Re: Interesting and unconventional uses of audio gear

Well, I suppose I could record at a much lower setting so that the mic wouldn't be as sensitive, but when I go to edit it, I would have to normalise it and or amplify it even more just to be able to hear it. Someone I know recommended that I get a headphone amp or an interface that can boost the volume even more.
I personally wouldn't want to spend five or six hours adjusting the recorder's gain while I was recording the kittens, though, but maybe putting it on low for a long period of time, then adjusting it during the post-production stage might work?