Re: Poll, do you ever get too old for your favorite childhood toys?

I think it depends on what it is and what purpose it serves. My fav toy, well, it was marketers as a toy because of the whole videogame crash of 1983, was the Nintendo entertainment system. Dont think i will ever outgrow that for as long as gaming remains one of my hobbies. However, my other favorite toy I got for my 12th birthday was an educational toy laptop that talked and had all these word and math games on it. I'd feel a little silly playing with that, now that I have a college education.

If you want to pick up a favorite doll you had as a kid though, by all means don't let anyone's opinion stop you. It has nostalgic value to you, and i think it's ok to indulge that feeling from time to time. If i still had that little fake pc, I might be tempted to fire it up to see how well I still do at the elementary stuff, then marvel at how far technology has come in the last 25 years.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheEvilChocolateCookie via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : manamon_player via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Gaki_shonen via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheEvilChocolateCookie via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheEvilChocolateCookie via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Gaki_shonen via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheEvilChocolateCookie via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : moaddye via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector