Re: Shades of Doom Version 2.0 Public Beta Released

I think that SOD is a very pure audio experience, in the sense that there is no ambiguous sound representation, and the game is designed as such for the player to be on fair terms throughout. In other words, SOD emphasises funness over reality. This I think is what people find so charming about it, and I agree.

But how this would work in a multiplayer mode, I don't know. From David's notes, it seems he's just as fastidious about that as his single-player mode, and notwithstanding any effect multiplayer would have on the general atmosphere of the game world (which, again, contributes substantially to its charm) it seems likely that the game would be very different to any of the existing FPSs we can play.

Now I think about it, I probably haven't thought this through very well, because my idea of multiplayer SOD was essentially that of turning everybody into silent walkers, but realising as I do now that this would actually make for a fairly dull and c hallenging experience, I can see how David's ideas do make more sense. Although, if it were me, I'd work on removing the limitation on eight players.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : welshweyr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keba via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : welshweyr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : welshweyr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : burak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : kamochek via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cw via Audiogames-reflector