anyone used monolog?

hello,
has anyone heard of monolog?
it was an old speech synthesizer made in the 1990s. I believe it was made to compete with Creative Labs Text Assist (the precursor to Dectalk access 32), but never really took off.
I just got lucky and found a working version (actually, I haven't really tested it yet due to it's age) in the dectalk bt sync folder.
has anyone heard of it, and, on a somewhat related note, how can I transfer stuff between my physical windows 8 system and my windows 98 virtual machine?
(I'm using VMware player version 6.0.)