Re: Good PDF converter or reader?

Ideally, whenever notation-heavy literature is involved, I like to get a LaTeX source file. Depending on the nature of the notation, I may run it through Pandoc to get it in HTML or Microsoft Word formats. You can also use Duxbury to translate it into Braille, which I must say was the perfect workflow for me in my higher-level calculus courses.
I contend that LaTeX is the most useful format. It's what a lot of STEM professionals use because it's a language that's concerned predominantly with content rather than presentation. That is to say it has a default process for presenting the content to readers, but authors have the capability of adjusting settings to align the presentation more closely with what they want.

Edit: Agreed with @6. LaTeX is my way of writing notation beyond English. It takes just one command to render it to a PDF to distribute to anyone. You could even do your own work this way, although you may find it tedious. I know I did.
I will also heavily emphasize the necessity for Braille when it comes to math. I haven't used the literacy for anything other than calculus, and was able to grasp the concepts far better and more quickly because of it. Everything else in my CS classes up until this point I've done with speech, but math is where I used Braille constantly. In fact, I didn't even worry about MathML, Math Player, etc.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : amerikranian via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : vablus via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : leibylucw via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : amerikranian via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : amerikranian via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : leibylucw via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : leibylucw via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : MyDearWatson via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Fawaz via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : caio via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : MyDearWatson via Audiogames-reflector