Re: space strategy games

Unfortunately limbs and different systems are sort of part of the mech experience. I remember a few years ago I was checking out a prespective java project called megamech which was a computer version of the battletech wargame. sadly that one didn't quite work out sinse sun have basically  dropped support for  swing access bridge in java and the developer couldn't find good ways of representing things in text, but reading the rules did give some quite interesting ideas for a combat game and something I'd like to see.

Sadly the only browser game I found about mechs, the game mech commander, was very heavy on the columns of stats, not that interesting and basically just had the usual automatic combat that %90 of these browser  games have, which is a shame.

I'd love to see a real mech stratogy game where you had to respond to what yur enemy did and  take advantages of the weaknesses of their mechs to win, eg, shooting off hands to prevent them using  accurate attacks, or blasting legs to knock their mechs over.  MEGAMECH EVEN HAD rules for playing two legged or multi legged mechs which sounded great, especially sinse each mech also had stats like power source, amo, armor etc that needed managing, AS WELL AS RULES FOR DIFFERENT  TURRANE TYPES ON THE BOARD.

i ACTUALLY REALLY LIKED THE IDEA OF  PLAYIG 1-4 UNITS AND MANAGING THEM IN GREAT DETAIL, AS OPPOSED TO A HUGE HOARD ON A COMPLEX SPACIAL MAP.