Re: Elon Musk NeuraLink Update: August 28th

I would much rather have a biological cure. There are however concerns that we still have to overcome when thinking about brain implants or biological cures. One of the most prevalent of these is the over stimulation of the brain, when the affected sense is suddenly restored. I would imagine that this is especially true if your brain has been blind for it's entire life, because It's like, "What do I do with this foreign sensation. I know that there is a certain amount of learning that goes into this, like with cochlear implants, where eventually the implant would be less painful, and start showing some benefits, but I don't want my sight bad enough to go through the pain. Not to mention having tech in my body   gives me the crawlies. I am not even willing to have eye microchips at this stage of my life. I think it's cool that the choice is out there, but it will be a good 20 years before I am even going to think about signing up, unless something seriously huge changes.