Re: I am mad at this forum

@82
Because someone spent years doing whatever it is?  Code isn't just bits on a hard disk or something, come on.

But if you want a self-interested answer since you have clearly shown a complete lack of ethics in the past and will probably never come to understand this, how about because every dev on here who is actually capable of programming probably won't ever write another game after the first time someone steals their code?

It's lame that people let projects die without plans to open source or something, but that doesn't give us the right to quote-unquote help them do so.

Get your way on this issue and you won't even have all the stupid bop-it games that people put out.

But to be honest I find it telling that the people who steal code and who think stealing code is okay can't actually code themselves.  I promise that if you can't code, stealing someone else's code isn't suddenly going to make you be able to do so, especially since there's tons and tons of learning resources that aren't taking code from someone else who can't really program yet either most of the time.