Re: Radegast and Accessibility Discussion

@57 I get it, and I agree wholeheartedly. In fact, VAI and I met with the director of open source at Linden Lab about working with them to add screen reader support to the official Second Life viewer, but their response was basically that they would consider any contribution but were unwilling to put resources towards it themselves because it would not benefit the bulk of their user base, much the same way as they treat Linux support these days.

@58 I am aware that FMODEx is ancient. I inherited this project several months after the original author passed away. Radegast is bug riddled and the protocol for Second Life has been aggressively revamped in the past few years, so most of my time is spent keeping up with protocol changes and putting out other fires. Quite honestly, the entire codebase is a huge mess! The phantom sounds issue is one I have never encountered and has not been reported. I believe last time I looked into updating, I ran across having to write a wrapper for the library (Radegast is written in C#,) and simply, I didn't want to direct my energy towards that when there were more pressing issues to work on. There is nothing incompatible with FMOD and open source principles, but it is incompatible with copyleft licenses such as the GPL.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : NightCraller302 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cinder via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Angel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cinder via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : heartssong via Audiogames-reflector