Re: How do you handle crossing roads in a straight line?

Oh!
In my country, it's actually werst. There are no audio cues, and we don't even have that button to make the green light come. The traffic signals are automated, and have no audio indication. That combined with poorly maintained roads, crazy trafic and even crazier people makes the absolute death trap for a blind guy trying to cross a road. Most of us will take someone's help to cross the road. I've tried doing it alone, but that's because I have a bit of vision, and even then, I have very scary horror stories to tell about it. The ongoing metro construction makes situation even more miserable.
I am curious about the sides of the roads in US. They say that you can use that for guidance, but in hear, the sides of road, where the roads end and the sidewalk begins, are absolutely dirty. Sometimes, water accumulates in that place, so, I don't think anyone uses those edges of roads for walking.
Also, besides 2 roads crossing, don't you guys struggle with a circular intersection, like a ring. There are lot of them in my city, and they are absolute hell if you want to cross on foot. There are also intersection with roads with bridges or flyovers in between, and I will never try to cross that place on my own ever in my life because they are so scary.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Gaki_shonen via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mayana via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : MyDearWatson via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : MyDearWatson via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : MyDearWatson via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ambro86 via Audiogames-reflector