Re: Bookrage's choiceofgames reviews

Hello all,

two new hosted games have hit the hosted games selection that I wanted to tell you about.

The first is Balance of Superpower where you play a superhero in school in 2075. You play as Rio Ramirez, a non-bianary character who possesses the powers of complete balance. You can date your classmates and train your powers in various ways to fight a bunch of supervillains that are about to make their big move.

This seems good standard superhero fair although the game is specifically slated as a superhero romance novel. I'm also not sure how I would like being forced to have the name and gender I am forced to have in the story. I have nothing against non-bianary characters in stories, I just don't want to play one in an IF romance game because it feels weird to me when I like to get in my own head in the story and do things as I would.

the second is "A sorcerer's story." And this is one where it is urban fantasy where you are a sorcerer who has to come out of hiding when your evil rival breaks his silence and uses his own magic to try and conquer the world. You get to specialize in different magical disciplines and you can either battle your rival, make a lot of different choices, or even join forces to become an evil overlord yourself.

There doesn't seem to be anything particularly special about this one, but I think I like it better than the other option out of the two that have been released.