Re: This "FTL == Time-Travel" thing still does not make sense to me.

I think the idea people get from FTL time travel is a half truth. Light allows us to see our surroundings in this moment of what we would consider *time*. If you travel faster than light, then you would essentially *see* the past, in much the same way that when we look at the stars were actually seeing hundreds to thousands of years into the *past* because of the time its taken that light to travel from that star to us here. Think of it like internet latency, like the delay from the ISS when holding calls, or the time it takes a sonar ping to reach you. If you were to *see* that past though, its doubtful you could interact with it as it would have no physical mass, being merely a light projection.

But on the theory of time travel, if parallel universes are a thing, whose to say if you were to travel "back in time" that your not just adjusting your own multiverse position within reality as opposed to altering any definitive timeline in any way? Theres also the strangeness of Quantum Mechanics, entanglement and existing in two points in spaced simultaneously, among other things. Whatever reality is, its probably not what we imagine it is now, based on our current understanding. Life is strange, and mutable.

I recall a sci-fi book I read once, can't quite remember the name, I think it was called "The Sphere", but not like the movie by the same name. In it, the world discovers a strange sphere buried in the arctic, and they send a team of scientists in. Inside were curved corridors with indistinguishable doorways all the way down, like a maze. So, they mark the walls, use ropes, and split up to cover more ground. What they didn't realize however, is that each doorway lead through to a different dimensional reality, that there were an infinite number of corridors and versions of themselves going through the ship, and by the time they realized it, they had no idea how to get back to their own reality, having hoplessly lost their way.