Re: recommended NVDA addons?

The best way to check that would be to open the official NVDA add-on repo, where most of them are available.

What you will need depends on what you use. If you have a braille display, I very much recommend Braille Extender. If you need to keep an eye on your computer's status, Resource  Monitur. If you use any apps that have enhancement add-ons, you could get those.

Two that I'd definitely recommend are ObjPad, which gives you a much easier way to switch through review modes and move around objects. Its scan mode has saved the day for me multiple times. And Add-On Updater, because, unless you're subscribed to its RSS feed or something, new versions are easy to miss.