Re: Sad to read this

And this, people, is the very problem with America. Ask any sane person "would you like healthcare?" No one in their right mind will say "nah, I'm good."

But what people do instead is point out how the rich will have to pay for it and all that, instead of realizing that in other countries, people do this already...and everyone's fine with it.

Hell, I wouldn't mind if a portion of my taxes went to healthcare instead of killing Muslims overseas. I also am quite aware that as a taxpayer, I'm already paying for some peoples' healthcare--those people on welfare like I mentioned in a previous post.

So come on guys, it's not like it's not happening already. The only thing is, those of us who don't qualify for welfare aren't getting the benefit.

I get the feeling a lot of us here don't understand just how frustrating it is to be without healthcare: being stuck in the middle where you make too much to qualify for benefits, but not enough to reasonably afford your own healthcare. I can't just go to the hospital and flash my Medicare card like so much of you can. And guess who's paying for that? I am.

Yet I'm the one left without any sort of benefit at all.

And there are millions more Americans in my position.

And when did any of us really start caring about the ultra-rich? If it makes you feel better, as is always the case, the middle class will end up paying for the healthcare since they always end up carrying the tax burden. Amazon won't pay for it (just check their numbers from this past tax season.) So if you love the rich so much, take comfort in that thought. It'll be the single families paying for it. Feel better now?

This is exactly why we haven't progressed as a country; why whether or not gays and lesbians can wed is still a debate issue in our politics (while other countries have long since moved on from it); etc.

And this is why we get Trump.