thoughts of Sryth

What are your thoughts on sryth, for those who have played? Is it worth buying packages, are they fun, are the items worth it? What do you think of the many things than can be bought? Is there any muds you know similar to this, with selection of items and things? I have barely started playing once more, but it has been a while. One thing I can say, is I love the selection of items but it is a shame they are only through real money that you can purchase them. Or just the price as well.