Re: can anyone get me started with mushclient

I didn't want to revive a zombie thread from 2018, but I did use the syntax provided there to attempt to use the channel history plugin to build a channel history.
I created the match. I made it a regular _expression_. I put the history_add command in the send box. I set the send type to script. And now, whenever someone sends me a tell, I get this:
Compile error
World: Conquest
Immediate execution
[string "Trigger: "]:1: '=' expected near 'tells'
Cannot open error log file: .\logs\script_error_log.txt

It works when I type it into the command line. Why doesn't it work when I send it to a script?
Thanks.