Re: blindness and overclocking

OK, I didn't bother reading the last 25 posts, since the first 5 weren't right in the first case.
I overclocked my PC here, at least the CPU, I don't see any reason to overclock my GPU right now.
I built my PC from scratch with both Mac (Hackintosh) support and overclocking in mind. Thats why my PC can handle overclocking pretty well (overclockable CPU and overclocking-supportive board).
I got an Intel I7-8700K, which normally runs on 3,7 GHZ and can go up to 4,5 GHZ in boost mode. Overclocking took it up to 4,1 GHZ with up to 5 GHZ in boost mode, and that boost is deffinitely noticeable, although not in daily use, but only if doing something performance-critical, like video conversion/encoding, data analysis etc.
It is however totally right that you can seriously damage your PC components if you don't know what you're doing. Thats why just accessing Afterburner and setting some values won't take you very far. It's recommended to overclock only supported CPUs, which are designed to be alot more tolerant to such processes in the first place, and take overclocking-supportive boards into consideration. Those do have support within the UEFI and also have guides to walk you through the software-side process of configuring the overclocking parameters for CPU and RAM, maybe even GPU if supported.
In the end, it turns out to be quite expensive and maybe its not worth it, depending on what you want to do. I probably don't need those 0,5 GHZ, I could have payed a few hundred bucks less for a PC with close-enough specs but no overclocking if I didn't decide to try my skills on overclocking in the first place.
Oh, and its deffinitely not doable without sighted help, that has to be taken into consideration as well.
Best Regards.
Hijacker