Re: Sad to read this

Well,
We had a college event on awareness, and in that, walking and what sighted people can avoid to make our lives easier was one of the objectives. In one section, we blindfolded sighted visitors, and gave them a cain, and told them to walk through the corridor strait in front of them. We had obstacles and even real people sitting down with their legs spread wide, like how usually it is seen in the college, and at the end, they were told to remove blindfold and observe the corridor, and see if they can improove anything in future. At the end, they didn't say that it was terrible, but observed that despite doing it for first time, they successfully crossed the corridors with few bumps here and there. The message being, it's okay to bump in to a blind person, it's just as common as any other routine obstacle for them, and it's convenient if you try to minimize obstacles for them.
Next time, I am going to suggest them to have a volunteer do the task of suddenly grabbing their shoulders or elbow while walking, in order to tell them how to not do it and how to do it properly. It's god damn scary if you are a blind girl and strangers do it. Even for boys it is scary.
It is true that white skin colour is favoured more even in asian countries, but I don't think that dark skin coloured people receive such a bad treatment in these countries. No dark skin coloured person would be prohibited from occupying any position, or no person is killed just because his skin colour is so and so. Buty standards from a sighted perspective are a bit weird, and I don't fully understand them. But it's definitely media which propagates fair skin colour in these countries. I suppose having dark skin coloured people, males and females, in the industry and literature can go long way in shaping societies understanding of beauty. Afterall, if you can love a person with so and so skin colour, you can definitely stand and fight for them.