Re: In memorium, Terry goodkind

It took me a really long time to finish Terry's books, but boy was it worth it. I will be really shocked if I can find a series that is so engaging as the Sword of Truth series was. There is just something about his booksthat kept me reading them, even though at tometimes, I actually was scared at some of the things I saw in those books. The worst parts for me were during the times they were talking about Chainfire, because for me it felt like the calm before the storm, and it definitely made my Spine tingle at the way they were discribing the spell and how it acts.
For me, the death of the emperor was not the end. I read the last 3 books after the end of the series, and while it wasn't quite as brutal as the 12 previous books, seeing how the Bishop acts within those books is something else just because of how not overtly brutal it was like the Emperor in those 12 previous books.

***Spoilers***

I knew that at some point, they probably were going to have to bring Richard back even if he did die, but it still didn't lessen the feelings I had when he died because it was so sudden. However, I am glad that his murderer got what she deserved, because she could only see what she wanted to see and not the actual truth, that her mother killed her father and literally put the entire village in danger.  It was great to see that final ending, because after the Star-shift, things are finally ata god place. In the Sord of Truth series, I felt like Richard and Kahlan never got a break for very long. they always went through something bad and it always ended up that they got screwed even when it was supposed to be good, but thte final ending brings great satisfaction for me as a reader because I was able to see that they did end up living a good life even if we didn't get to see how it turned out after the starshift.

I will miss Terry Goodkind's style of writing, and it will be a long time before I can start reading another fantasy series of the same length.