failing to create an instance of a class when compiled

My code works perfectly when not compiled. But when I cythonize it and compile, anytime I attempt to start text input with my module, it fails to create an instance of the class. My errors log shows nothing, I only know of this because of lucia speak lines between each activity.
There is a function to handle the text input in the same module as the text input class.

class TextInput:
 def __init__(self):
  #vars and functions go here.
outside the class we have the function that creates the class instance.
def enter_text(prompt=None):
 screen= pygame.display.set_mode((1000, 200))
 if prompt!=None:
  pygame.display.set_caption(prompt)
 lucia.output.speak("window title")
 #this is where it fails
 textinput= TextInput()
 lucia.output.speak("instance")
 clock = pygame.time.Clock()
 lucia.output.speak("clock")

This script is not cythonized, only the main script is.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ivan_soto via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Hijacker via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector