Re: The wheel of time and other fantasy books

slight
Unhewn Throne
spoilers

Personally, I thought Caden was the least interesting of the three characters overall, but I thought that his brother and sister were treated fairly well, particularly Adare after book 2. You can clearly see how each believes, from their own position, that they're doing right, and you can see from the outside how each is going to work at cross-purposes to the others without fully realizing it. I also like many of the villains and side characters. Most of them are not one-dimensional. Frankly, only the first book is flatter, character-wise; I think the second and third did an excellent job building these folks up.

Abraham, though, is in an entirely different class. I was actually rooting for the villain for awhile early on, and was sick to death of Cithrin until she got her head on straight. Marcus is less than amazing, but I'm okay with that. In fact, I see it as an inversion of the trope, where the noble hero type sort of gets all the spotlight, and this time it doesn't quite go that way.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : wing of eternity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : khomus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : wing of eternity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : wing of eternity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : wing of eternity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Berenion via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : matt1211 via Audiogames-reflector