Re: What about making open source games accessible?

I think the first step would be to find a mainstream open-source game that is almost accessible mechanics-wise, and or that you're super passionate about, then you should learn the language the game is coded in, then you should learn how to use the engine the game is coded in. At that point, you can evaluate if it's worth the trouble.
It's going to take a lot of work, major rebuilding of the game, and lots of time. But you can do it if you put your mind to it! We need more mainstream games to be made accessible.