Re: What's going with netflix?

To be fair, it's not technically inaccessible; it's just annoying and jarring when web developers throw that sort of thing at people with no warning, and annoying to use in general.

Edit: I contacted Netflix customer service. here's the transcript.

Your issue is: Hello. I've identified and would like to report a small accessibility issue with the web interface that's recently come up.
You are now chatting with: Jeremie Joy
Netflix Jeremie Joy
Hi you've reach Netflix. I'd be happy to assist you with your concern.
Netflix Jeremie Joy
Please do not click/tap the "Back" button and respond in a timely manner to avoid auto disconnection of this chat
Netflix Jeremie Joy
Can you tell me more about your concern
You
Hello there. In the past, activating a link to a show would pop up the relevant content for that show under the heading. However, now the relevant content pops up right after the copyright information at the bottom of the page. Meanwhile, there's no indication that anything on the page has changed. While this doesn't technically make the site unusable with a screen reader, it can result in confusion, and adds a layer of complexity that requires a couple extra steps to access the content.
Netflix Jeremie Joy
Thanks for the feedback. We will definitely check and observe for that, Anything else?
You
Nope. That's all. Thanks!
Netflix Jeremie Joy
For future questions/concerns, you may also visit our help center website at help.netflix.com. Thanks for reaching Netflix, This is Jem again. Stay safe!
This chat session has ended.

As for the extra steps, there are two things one can do. After activating a link to a show, go to the bottom of the page and navigate by graphics. That's shift+g when using JAWS in this case. I don't know if that's the same for NVDA. The show content will be under the title graphic. Alternatively, it seems simply pressing tab will just put focus in that pop-up area.