Update Error on iOS 13.3, iPad Air 3rd Gen

Hi community,
I'm getting the following when checking for updates on an iPad Air Gen 3 running iOS 13.3.
"Error while checking for updates."
I've previously jailbroken the device, but then restored root FS with Unc0ver. Why do I still get this message? Is there a way I can fix it without having to erase all content, then start from scratch? I've already restored from a backup, and of course that didn't work.