Re: Wow

Hello,
@33: KeePass (written with double e, not ey) basically doesn't require network connection at all. I don't know about the official KeePass2 branch, but KeePassXC, a community driven crossplatform version can be compiled omitting all networking code.
I'm not an expert in this area, but KeePass is around for quite a time and gained significand attention.
I'm playing with it a bit right now to see whether I can come up with a configuration, that would improve my already existing practices and not stimulate my paranoia at the same time. big_smile
It seems to work so far, the file is encrypted using AES Rijndael, so as long as the main password is strong enough, it should be uncrackable and secure for sending to any cloud.
All password requests from browser have to be manually confirmed, so pretending fake requests from a malicious program is not an option too.
The risk of passwords leaking seems to be equal to risk of catching a written password, with additional benefits of password managers such as not having to remember and type long passwords, having a truely unique password for each place and data synchronization.
The only disadvantage I can potentially see is, that if a keylogger catches the master password and has access to the passwords file, then all my passwords will leak at once, no matter whether I access the services or not.
Although may be I could do something about this by playing a bit with Linux namespaces, if I send KeePassXC to a separate environment along with its database, may be I could separate them a bit from other programs.

Best regards

Rastislav

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Gamulation via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Gaki_shonen via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Gaki_shonen via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Sightless Kombat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rastislav Kish via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ilyas booneehee via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rastislav Kish via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ilyas booneehee via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mayana via Audiogames-reflector