Continuous read in iOS with braille and no speech

Hey folks,

Started using my Orbit Reader on iOS and had one significant issue I hoped to get some help with. I wanted to start reading braille rather than using speech, but if speech is muted and I activate read-all, it scrolls rapidly. As in, far too fast for anyone to read sanely. I checked the advance duration setting and it is set to 5 seconds which, while slow, is definitely not what I see with speech off.

Is this a known iOS issue? Is it not possible to auto-advance reading braille when speech is muted? I hope this can be gotten to work, since hearing speech while I'm trying to read is distracting.

Thanks.