Re: cool movies/ characters

Some of the best movies I've seen in terms of pure action are anything from the MCU or the Sam Raimi Spider-Man films.
Now Walk The Line is a beautiful movie about Johnny Cash's life. I love it, it's probably one of, if not my favorite, movies. V For Vendetta is amazing, it's a film based on a comic about a dictatorial London and a masked crime fighter who goes around killing the elite trying to topple it. Real Steel is about boxing robots. And it's amazing. But it's also got a really good, touching story.
I grew up LOVING the Michael Bay Transformers movies. While not Oscar material, the throwdowns are amazing. Pacific Rim is good for action too. Pacific Rim: Uprising is good on action, terrible on story.
The Fundamentals of Caring is a great movie about a man who's lost his son and is now taking care of a man with MD. It's very funny at times, has some great character development, and it's got Paul Rudd. You really can't go wrong with Paul Rudd.
In terms of comedies, Step Brothers, I promise I won't spell this right but Telladega Nights, Happy Gilmore, Billy Madison, Anchor Man, That's My Boy, The Do-Over and many others are my favorites and entertain me to this day.
I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot, but you'll never not get me to talk about movies.