Re: Discussion of the 2020 American Federal Election

A little OT, but IMO as a group we deserve everything which has happened in 2020, though as individuals most of us don't.  Because even when we weren't actively contributing to the problems, we were usually ignoring them for the sake of comfort.
Allot of that can be chalked up to natural side effects of the human condition, but the secondary purpose of society is to curb those.
Most of us would apparently rather live selfishly and never dare to peer beyond the surface or cultivate an attention span long enough to actually change things, and this is what we get for it.
Those of us with the education and resources to make a difference have the most to answer for, yet many of us can only sink further into self pity or excuses when confronted with our mistakes, rather than learning from them and trying to improve.
And for the record, I definitely include my self in this criticism.