Re: Why should I use music streaming services

As far as Spotify vs Apple Music, a lot of it comes down to personal preference. Apple music integrates a lot better with iOS than Spotify does, and they now also have a web app and it can be used in iTunes if you like it. Personally I found the recommendation system not as good as Spotify's but you might like it. They share a lot of features in common, but they also have some slight differences. The same could be said for YouTube music, which also gives you the added benefit of no ads and background playback for the mobile YouTube app if you go for the premium package. I considered switching to it from Spotify, but unfortunately even though it also has a pretty good machine learning powered recommendation system there were a number of lesser known EDM artists that were on both Spotify and Apple but not YouTube leaving a number of my liked music out. YouTube's Sonos integration was also lacking, missing some really common controls like liking/disliking tracks or starting some of the AI playlists. With Google's previous music service, you could also use the official Google play music app to control Sonos, like you can with Spotify, but YouTube music never got this feature and Google keeps saying it'll be coming. It has been like this for over a year and that situation with missing features that were included with Google's previous service, promiced for this new one, but not delivered on yet, sums up YouTube music pretty well in a nutshell, all the while Google is shutting down Play Music forcing everyone into YouTube making a bunch of people annoyed.

Tidal, it's a service which is promoted rediculously hard over here. They have partnerships with almost every ISP and mobile carrier in Poland, giving away 6 month service with almost any package while also making data transfer from Tidal free. The big selling point it has going for it is their Hi-Fi plan, which offers you losless streaming in Flac. Apart from that, the recommendation system was nothing to write home about last time I checked, it was pretty basic, but the music catalog was pretty decent. The far more serious problem with Tidal is that, saying it nicely, the accessibility is pretty bad. The website and desktop app was a pain to use, the iOS app was OK ish but from what I heard it later got some major regressions and I'm not sure what the state of that is now. If you want losless streaming, you'll definitely want to look at Deezer, which also offers Flac streaming with far nicer, more accessible apps and a decent recommendation system to boot, plus very good Siri, Google Assistant, Alexa and Sonos integration. They also have a shazam like feature in their mobile app so you can have it listen to your microphone to identify a song in the real world. Deezer is the service I got into streaming with, the only reasonI switcvhed is because my friends moved to Spotify and we wanted to keep sharing playlists. But it's also not a bad choice at all.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Giovani via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : john_weed via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mayana via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : thetechguy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Juliantheaudiogamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Meatbag via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ashleygrobler04 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ashleygrobler04 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ashleygrobler04 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ashleygrobler04 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Boo15mario via Audiogames-reflector