Re: Still don't want to wear masks?

Right, because murder and car accidents are never shown on the news. The media never used those things pre-pandemic to boost their ratings. Even now, it's not 24-7 covid coverage. People were told to be mindful of how much media, social and otherwise, they consume for as long as always-on news coverage existed, most likely. So yeah, that argument is pretty dumb.

As for sanitizing everything, I've said this before, and I'll say it again. The fact that we needed a global pandemic to remind us to wash our hands frequently and not cough out in the open is ridiculous. I guess a case could be made against using hand sanitizer to excess if covid was a bacterial infection, or hell, if a more deadly bacterial infection was the culprit behind all this destruction. But it isn't, and antibiotic resistance was a thing long before this, mainly due to doctors over-prescribing them to people who think they know everything because they looked their symptoms up on Web MD. Even if hand sanitizer ultimately does cause some form of that eventually, you kinda have to pick your poison here and decide which is worse.

Edit:
@13, you do bring up a good point in that if people have obsessive-compulsive tendencies before the pandemic, they've got to be magnified a billion fold by now, and that's not cool. But what can really be done about it? If people use it 50 times a day, that's a sign they need therapy, not a dose of common sense. But yeah, I honestly get your point, the media did a pretty good job on its own of fucking everyone on a more insidious level than the virus itself ever will.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Blue-Eyed Demon via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Blue-Eyed Demon via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Blue-Eyed Demon via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Blue-Eyed Demon via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kjsisco via Audiogames-reflector