Re: The gate is on sale

The Grey Lady is not about luck. Hades ... can be, the way the pits work, but TBH it was nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be when I actually got there (I just got my ass kicked because I got too jumpy to make good decisions when something changed. After getting over that, behold: fight won.)
Idk, maybe I just have "could just see well enough to play 90s games" privilege or something. You want bullcrap artificial difficulty, look up Adamantium Rage, or the first DragonBall game (Dragon Power in the US). The Grey Lady and Hades were downright refreshing as audio game bosses, because it actually felt like I was playing a video game again. Some of the enemies and traps (the rocks feel pretty random tbh, but I have no problems with ghosts) could use work, the levels get bland and repetitive and have a dire need for decoration, and $30 is indeed too much for what we got (pity what we got was still expensive to produce). But hard bosses and NES-style ghosts? Those are selling points, imo.

[edit]This got me to replay the Grey Lady fight. I think I had the difficulty too low, because that was way easier than I remember. sad [/edit]