Want to get into linux for trying out Cataclysm

Hey all,

Can someone point me to a good linux distribution, which has screen reader enabled as default or can it be enabled easily? Mind you, i'm a complete beginner at linux stuff,   the only thing which i want to do is try out Cataclysm dark days ahead. I tried some linux vms back in the day, jen os or how to spell it included, but that thing didn't want to work as expected. Should i put a linux on a pendrive and boot it  from there? The vm which i tried began stuttering and was kinda sluggish, but that probably was my pc. Thought that 4 gb of ram could handle it.