Re: blind harry potter, lets think and imagine

The entirety of the Harry Potter series is so full of flaws I cannot begin to consider how it would even work out with him being blind, because it would require taking all of those flaws into account.

As stewie pointed out, what was the point to having him wear glasses throughout the entire series?  If broken bones can be mended, and missing body parts can be reattached, surely sightless eyes can be fixed, so him being blind is not even an option or plausible thought that would go on for longer than it would require finding another wizard, perhaps a healer, to fix it.  Assuming for some bizarre reason he didn't have it fixed, however, nothing is to stop him from magnifying all of his other senses a hundred times over.  if a dragon that is practically blind can fly through the air and get Harry, Ron and Hermione miles from Gringotts bank safely, I see no reason why Harry couldn't develop some tactic or sixth sense for flying blindly.

I actually believe it might be easier to fight off dementors as a blind person, since you would have one less thing to distract you, no sight to see their horrible appearance, and being born blind would also mean no real equivalent of images to fill one's mind.  Since Dementors always make a sound you can focus on, and they only move toward their target unless repeled by it as they themselves fear nothing, counting on them coming toward you is a given.

Dueling wizards and other magical creatures would certainly be harder, but not impossible.  The one thing not possible to protect against as a wizard is the unforgivable curses, yet i'm fairly certain there is a way around it, and while I think I have the answer I'll leave you all in suspense and hopefully someone else will figure it out.  Beyond the unforgivable curses, there isn't much else that can penetrate a wizard's well cast shields and defensive spells, and if a person can h ide from you just because you're blind, why can't you yourself hide from their sight, given that invisibility is an option?  A person looking for an invisible person would certainly make much more noise than a person trying to hide from a seen target, and being invisible doesn't stop you from being able to cast curses or disarming a wizard, or using apparition to instantly stand behind your target and truly performing a stealth attack.

Strategy is key here, which is something that doesn't come to the foreground in the books, since their main focus is the power of love rather than the magical world Harry is placed in, but a good strategist will come up with any number of possibilities that outdo the enemy they are confronted with.  It is necessary to analyze strengths, weaknesses, possible senarios, and anything else that will assist in a battle.  As a blind wizard, Harry would certainly need to apply himself more so than any other wizar d, but nothing convinces me that were such a thing feasible to begin with in the wizarding world, that he would be any worse off than other wizards.  The same is true of us in the world we live in; we apply ourselves harder than our sighted counterparts at times, but we're no less able to do anything they can, save things that truly require sight, such as driving.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kamochek via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tward via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kamochek via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : stewie via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : sid512 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : dhruv via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Chandu via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kool_turk via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Stevie-3 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : arjan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : dhruv via Audiogames-reflector