Re: Discussion of the 2020 American Federal Election

@279
In the very unlikely event that saying this can possibly get through to you, you realize that BLM isn't one organization, right?  it's like a hundred organizations at least plus a bunch of people buying the t-shirt and a bunch of other people using the twitter hashtag and who even knows what else.  Movement doesn't mean that there's someone making decisions.  I'm not condoning the elements of it that are actually violent.

But when you say they need to be put down like scum, you're effectively saying that all black people need to be put down like scum, because at this point you'd be hard pressed to find anyone not supporting at least the general sentiments.  Come back and say that the Black Lives Matter chapter in Bumblefuck Kansas needs to be put down like scum because they've murder-raped 20 white people and also bring some really reputable sources and this is a different discussion, otherwise you're effectively saying that something literally the size of one of the U.S.'s political parties needs to be put down like scum o and also it just so happens it's an entire racial minority.

I'm not planning a eutopia.  I'd settle for things not actively getting worse.  But I'm also not going around believing that BLM is some shadowy organization with, like, a chairman and some sort of conspiracy board that plans violent protests.  Getting that far requires going down a bunch of conspiracy rabbit holes, because frankly you can't orchestrate millions of people or something like that and keep it secret.  Whatever you've listened to that has sold you on this idea that BLM is some sort of terrorist organization has swept the fact that it's not even an organization in the first place under the rug for the sake of scaring you, and they've done a really effective job at it too.  At best they're only as affiliated as those college clubs that all happen to take really similar names to ride a trend and that still doesn't account for all the people who aren't going out and finding some sort of BLM chapter or book club or whatever.

But also, if it were some sort of shadowy terrorist organization it would be bigger than isis or whatever the latest name they go by is, and if we're at the point where we've got a shadowy terrorist organization bigger than Isis on U.S. soil and also it's fighting for racial equality, we've done so bad that it's laughable and also we've already lost and whether or not the police get funded is moot, because they can just complete their takeover at any time. Just saying.