Re: Microsoft to end support for Windows 7 in 2015

Personally, I'm one of the people who don't see that as a bad thing.

Being completely honest, I don't see what's so great about windows 7. My main computer had some problems a few days ago, so I had to switch back to windows 7 on one of my older laptops while I resolved the other system; and truth be told, I couldn't stand it. This may be more because I've gotten used to windows 8, but I could never go back to 7.
In my case, windows 8 seems to perform better in everyday tasks. It's supposed to be better at managing battery consumption, but I can't speak for that since I never really paid much attention. But when it comes to  simple tasks such as just browsing around with Firefox, windows 8 is superior to seven IMHO. There's also the startup speed increase which is even more so using UEFI and secure boot.

Oh and don't get me started on XP. I'm not even going there.
smile