Writing a Resume Blind, the dreaded visual aspects

I have to write a resume that looks visually presentable. I don’t really know how to start going about that. I’ve done a fair amount of reading on resumes themselves, I simply don’t know how to edit them without making them look like a mess in the process. What is the most accessible program to edit a resume template in? I have access to Mac, Windows, iOS, and no money. I’ve tried editing a resume template that made use of a table on Microsoft Word and pages, both iOS, with rather unfortunate results. Are there any resume templates that are particularly easy to navigate for those who use screen readers, preferably geared towards those with absolutely no work experience starting out? I have templates that I could work with but I figured I may as well ask just in case something better might happen to be available. Also, does anyone have tips? Thanks.