Re: Vast Horizon

@41: Connor142's got a point though. Yes I may seem like I'm slamming this game over and over andd over and over...but here's the thing. I've read your post here and in new releases, and I've read the site....and honestly I've more questions than answers now.

As far as unique goes, I'm not sold on it. It just looks like another space game to me, oh there's artifact hunting. What makes it different. There's salvaging. How is it different from SC or CR then. There's combat. Again, what makes it different? I'd argue instead of doing the same activities...you could/should very wel instead tailor the activities around your story, not the other way around. Right now you're facing an uphill battle vs the big dogs, CR/SC/Miri/etc in this community because those are the big dogs, so to speak. Now, I've not got into playing the game, for obvious reasons, but just looking in from the outside, the initial impression I get, and I may very well be wrong on this once I get to playing it, is we just put in activities and a story. I'm not sure if you're aware but in this community people will grind the hell out of your game for 10+ hours a day and find any/all exploits and issues in said activities and almost expect to be able to do it. It needs addressing really.

Yes it's true MMO games do have the same things a lot of the time but I'd also argue that space games put you at a huge disadvantage just because of the setting though, and in this community you will more than likely get people who just see your game as a CR/SC/Miri/Promo/insert space game here clone however. What I'm trying to say is that you're already behind the 8 ball. It's like launching a new fantasy MMO and going up against WoW and Guild Wars and things really.

Re: Toaststunt: Nothing wrong with that at all, it's open source after all and if it works then it works.

So now I got questionns. You say it's RPI, but do you have anyone on staff who is willing to put time/effort in and stick it out and rein the players in when they stray too far from what you want for the story? I much prefer games that have a staff that aren't afraid to smack players down and say no, that doesn't fit in our setting, knock it off type of thing rather than just let whatever go on story wise. I'd rather see players have to play within the bounds of what the GMs and so on have said is the framework of the story so everyone is on the same page, I didn't find a clear answer on the site at al