Re: a game idea that i hope some body could pik up

There has to be a reason why we lack any good brawler audio games. There are discrete genres that really don't work well in an audio medium.
The combat system of brawlers as we know is way to intricate and fast paced to translate it into audio. Or is it?

At least with the commonly used game mechanics I don't see any way to have a reasonably complex real time fighting system that has to be in place in order to make brawlers engaging over a longer time.
How would you design an interesting block/dodge system if you only have audible queues to act upon? How would you design any kind of meaningful combo system? How would you manage the tight spacing mechanics that facilitate strategic play in visual brawlers? This questions could probably go on for a while, I have played my fair share of Tekken in my days but am in no way a brawler expert. So there are probably more intricacies that make a brawler fun.

This are real and honest questions though. I believe that somebody could actually pull that off with some creative thinking. But they would have to re-invent a whole new genre and a whole set of completely new game mechanics. This kind of endeavor is nothing for a whim and would need a dedicated and talented person that knows their way around code and game design.

I just want to make this crystal clear: Games don't just need to be coded. They also actually need to be fun. Making a game work is easy, making it fun is a whole new story.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Gaki_shonen via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Gaki_shonen via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Lucas1853 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : dennybuster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : rings2006 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Gaki_shonen via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : rings2006 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JayJay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : dennybuster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Honk via Audiogames-reflector