Re: Considering Twitter, seeking suggestions

If you call taking advantage of the resources at your disposal projecting a blindy-ish vibe, then sure. In truth you're projecting a blindy-ish vibe every time you open up an audiogame, or post to audiogames.net, or switch controls with audio themes, or accidentally leak a vague sound from VO while on the go... Case and point it doesn't matter.

It's convenience, pure and simple. As blind users we technically don't need a UI, and the ability to check and reply to DMs from literally anywhere with a single keystroke is a time-saver. there is zero reason this has to be limited to twitter clients. While I haven't explored the idea past filing away on the list of hypotheticals I'd love to but will probably never get to... It would be theoretically possible to create a system-wide bridge for global actions. Devs register their apps with a mapping of keystrokes. Through the bridge you could configure these to your liking, and easily cycle between apps to prevent cases where you start to run into conflicts or colossal hotkeys.
From there the possibilities are endless. Thunderbird access plugins, Foobar components, NVDA global plugins, TWBlue compatibility so you don't have everything it registers by default... ... Essentially streamlining the concept of global hotkeys, doing away with implementations on an app by app basis wherever possible. Like I said nothing you'll see me hacking on right now or tomorrow or probably ever, priorities, but if someone wants to take a stab at it I'd happily buy them a coffee or two for their time.

All this being said Tween isn't bad.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : stirlock via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : derekedit via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Turret via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Turret via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : burak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bryant via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ashleygrobler04 via Audiogames-reflector